Friday 9 December 2011

Late and not great!

Ooh it's not like me to be scraping in so last minute for Less is More!  The challenge this week is 'green', which should have been no problem at all, but I've been a bit hampered by my poorly boy so I've only just managed to fit my DT makes in... luckily Dex has just had a little nap so I rushed off upstairs and threw a card together!



I cut the scalloped card blank on the cricut - yes, I know, I actually used the poor dusty thing!  I've moved it into its own little space in the craft room in the hope that I might get a bit of use out of it, and I have used it a couple of times since I moved it... if it goes back to being unused I'll be getting it sold.

When I'd cut the card shape, and the little die cut tree - which is a die from Little Claire, I wasn't sure what to do with the rest of my card, as you can probably tell from the way it turned out!  Well, I didn't have much time to think about it!  The sentiment is from Elzybells, brown gingham ribbon from my stash, little snowflakes are from a Hero Arts set.

This card might get binned, but at least I've made something for the challenge :o)

18 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A fabulous card Lisa - love the circle shape and the die cut tree. Gorgeous!
Have a great weekend - Sylvia x

Jo said...

Nooooo don't bin it! It's lovely and a fab shape, too, and the Christmas tree is so cute! Hope Dex is feeling better.
Jo x

craftymum said...

super card Lisa. I like circles!
hugs sarah bx

heidy said...

Oh don't be so hard on yourself Lisa,It's not that bad hun!
Hugs Heidy

Denise said...

Lisa this is gorgeous - love the shape. You really should use the cricut a bit more (she says - hardly using hers!!!).
Wish I could just throw a card together like this.
Hugs
Denise xx

Claire said...

What are you like woman! Do not bin it, it's absolutely fab. have a great weekend. Hugs, Claire x

Mandi said...

FAB card, certainly not to bin!
I guess it;s more green than the photo,
FAB anyways
Hope your little lad is better
Thank you
mandi LIM

Vicky said...

This is gorgeous sweetie. I have a craft robo that gathers dust I should make it my new year resolution to use it more lol.

Hope Dex gets better soon shug.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Vicky said...

This is gorgeous sweetie. I have a craft robo that gathers dust I should make it my new year resolution to use it more lol.

Hope Dex gets better soon shug.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Jackie said...

Congratulations on finally using your Cricut, it wasn't too hard was it :o)
Lovely card.
Jackie xx

Anonymous said...

Your 'thrown together' card is just gorgeous Lisa! Don't you dare bin it!
xx

Christine L said...

Well I LIKEY!
Hugs
Christine x

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous creation Lisa loving the shape also the colours, the CAS style is lovely.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Cazza said...

Oh no, don't bin it honey! I actually think it's fab, simple and stylish! :o)
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx

coops said...

so stylish lisa.love the circular shape and stunnin cas design.far too good for the bin :D

xx coops xx

Jenny said...

That's a cute card shape Lisa, is it from the Wild card cartridge???
Love the fab design...you threw it together perfectly :)
Jenny x

Jessica said...

Beautiful card - clean and simple but very elegant. Jxx

Juls said...

fabulous!! Love the gingham ribbon! Hugs Juls