Saturday 16 April 2011

Little Claire challenge 5 - animals

I've scheduled this post because I'm demoing all day, so fingers crossed blogger will play nicely!  Our new challenge at Little Claire for this fortnight is 'animals' and I'm quite pleased with myself because I've managed to use a stamp set that's never been inked before :o)  I have far too many stamps that have never been used!


My first card is the one that I've actually used as my DT card for the challenge, but it was actually the second card I made.  I've used Stampin' Up Kraft cardstock, with dark brown core'dinations.   The stamp set is Silhouette Dogs - there are quite a few stamps in this set but I've used 3 of the dogs and the paw prints, and stamped them in Rich Cocoa memento ink.  The sentiment is also from Little Claire, but I can't remember which set that one's from!  Added a little touch of Sakura clear stardust pen on the bee's trail.


I like this card, but decided it was probably a bit too plain... I think the Less is More challenges are doing strange things to me!  I seem to be very drawn towards simple stamped designs at the moment and love stamps that can be used simply like this.

Hopefully my demo will be going ok, and I'll be having a fun day... will catch up with you all when I get back!

12 comments:

Debs M said...

both lovely cards but i do like the paw prints, good luck with the demo x

Fiona said...

2 fab cards Lisa...simple yet so effective...love the layouts on both.

fi
x

Janette said...

Both are fab cards Lisa, love 'em.xx

Vicky said...

They are both fabulous hun...and I love the Kraft too sweetie...

hope you are having loads of fun Lisa..and enjoy playing!

hugs Vicky xx

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Lisa, wow your LC card is fabulous! Love the simplicity of it all. I entered into the Less is more challenge last week, but my card had too much red on it, so they didnt take it into account, silly me lol! Have a wonderful weekend hugs Heidi xx

Amanda said...

hi Lisa, love them both, I think the less is more challenge is having an effect on lots of cards and very elegant they are too.

Unknown said...

Hello, Lovely cards I do like the look of Kraft but don't have any myself - something else to add to my list! I am also finding joining in with LIM challenge is giving me two distinct styles with my cards. Won't give up the flowers just yet tho for the LIM look! Sarah

Anonymous said...

I love these Lisa; the Kraft look great and the stamps are perfect with it. I love the way you embrace so many different styles in your card making - that's real talent! xx

Louise said...

Great cards again, Lisa. I love Kraft card, it's a great look :)

Lorraine said...

Oh I love your doggy card! Love the silhouettes and the paw prints. Perfect!

melsanford said...

Fab cards. Love the look on Kraft. The pawprints are gorgeous and I love the little bee :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Anonymous said...

Fab, love the simplicity of the design!
Helen x