Monday 28 March 2011

Crafty Cardmakers spotlight - decoupage


For this fortnight over at Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight our spotlight is on decoupage.  I don't do decoupage very often, although I do sometimes layer up bits of stamped images.  I wasn't sure what to use for this challenge, and then I remembered a free Forever Friends booklet that came with a magazine.  I found this decoupage and the papers in there.

I've punched a border using the MS scallop dot punch, added some little flowers (x-cut punch) and pearls.  The tag sentiment is Craftwork Cards and the button is from my stash.  Just a simple little card.

As there's no stamping on my card, I'm entering it for Creative Card Crew's 'no stamps' challenge (my 2nd entry).

Apologies for my lack of commenting yesterday - we had such a busy weekend, what with getting my desk set up and my room reorganised, and then yesterday we went to my mum's.  And then hubby decided he 'needed' a new phone... I knew there would be a catch to him buying my new desk lol!  So off we went to Crystal Peaks.  All day I was just itching to get in my room and make something, so I spent the evening up there and didn't really do any blogging at all.  I'll catch up later :o)

22 comments:

melsanford said...

Oh this is gorgeous! Love those bears :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Jan said...

It's lovely Lisa xx Jan

Debs M said...

love ff! great card, hope you get time to play x

craftymum said...

Lovely card Lisa. very CAS.
hugs sarah x

The Little Stamper said...

It's a lovely card Lisa and I really like the clean and simple layout you have created.

Sharon x

Juls said...

awhhhhh, this is just gorgeous!! Hugs Juls

Little K Smith said...

Aawww lovely card Lisa, adore these bears :)
Kelly.x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Lisa what a lovely card and your decoupage is fabulous. with hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Squirrel x said...

Awwwh, what a little cutie! Wish I had your patience with decoupage - I cut out one layer and then get cheesed off, lol! Hugs Sxx

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Lisa!! This is so precious hun!! LOVE the shimmery papers and image!! HUGS

Anonymous said...

Cute card Lisa.
Sue x

Anonymous said...

Aww, so cute Lisa! Love the punched daisies and the little tag with the button. xx

Cazza said...

Such a cute card Lisa and I'm very jealous of your new room hon ;o)
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx

Anonymous said...

Cute card Lisa, fab layout!
Helen x

Vicky said...

So adorable hunni...I love it!

hugs Vicky xx

coops said...

gorgeous card lisa.i love the ff bear image and stunning papers and cas design :D

xx coops xx

Jackie said...

Very cute card :o)
Jackie xx

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous. I love these little bears. xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Gorgeous card sweetie...love the decoupage image and layout!
hugs and xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Love the new desk looks very spacious and a good shape. I am so loving this gorgeous card it has a slightly clean and simple style to it which I adore and that image is adorable.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Lin said...

What a cute card. Love the colours and LO.

Your post below this one..... wow that sure is a neat craft space. Will it remain like that, lol

Lin xx

Made by Mandy said...

I thought I recognised that image but couldn't think from where. Need to dig that little booklet out....

Lovely card and so clean a layout. Glad you took the plunge on this challenge.

Love Mandy xxx