Sunday 10 January 2010

Totally Gorjuss challenge 12 - a sketch


This week at Totally Gorjuss Net gave us a fab sketch to work with. I had one of those days while I was making my card and I don't really feel like my card is completely finished, never mind! I'm posting really late today because I decided I needed to spend more time playing with Dex - it was his 2nd birthday yesterday but I had such a busy day that I don't feel like he really got much time with me. He probably didn't care, but I wanted to make it up to him today, so I've not spent too much time on the computer.

I've used a Sugar Nellie image that I've had my eye on for ages and finally caved in and bought it lol. I bought a couple of stamps in their sale and this one sneaked into my basket at the same time so I let it stay ;o) I've coloured her with promarkers and then cut the image out. The papers are Doodlebug with DCWV cardstock. I used nestie circles to cut a circle from some of the paper, then mounted it on a nellie snellen circle. Added some rainbow drops, and a butterfly gem and lace from my stash. Sentiment is Papermania.


I'm also entering my card for the following challenges:

22 comments:

Stef H said...

what an absolutely fun card!

☼ Cheryl* said...

Lovely, Lisa! I Love the DP you have used and the colours go great together.
xxxx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow how bright, cheerful and fun I adore that image and your colours are gorgeous.

Hugs
Lorraine x

coops said...

ooo i love this, such fab zingy colours and love the image.another great layout too.luv coops.xx

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hiya. Hows things. Your card is delightful. Such beautiful fresh colours and a fabulous image.
Happy Crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Made by Mandy said...

Oooh, love how bright this card is and what a fun image.

I was in WH Smiths yesterday and succumbed to a pack of MME Bloom & Grow paper, it was sitting there on the shelf calling to me and I loved the colours and so already I have broken my own paper ban..... I have no willpower LOL. Oh well, may as well buy the new Docrafts Honey and Hugs range, it's got the cutest ikkle piggy :)

Look at us two, we are the challenge queens :)

Looks like Morgan has got a great following, he must be so pleased and you too. I must say, I choked when I saw the words his Daddy wrote. All I ever wanted was for my Dad to say he was proud of me and I thought it was lovely. You must both be very proud of him. Bet you'll have to start locking up your best stash soon :)

Lots of love

Mandy xxx

Nannieflash said...

Morning Lisa, wow thats one lovely and bright card, I love your papers and the image is gorgeous. Well done with love and hugs Shirleyxxx

gina g said...

Hiya Lisa fab card i love the bright summery colours just what we need now lol. luv gina xx

carol said...

what a fab card, love the colours, x carol

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Lisa
I love the image, fabulous colours and design. Thanks for joining us for the Colour Create Challenge.

Karen x

Lou Sims said...

Fab card Lisa and loving the "zingy" colours. Many thanks for joining in with "Fab 'n' Funky" challenges this week. Hope to see you again.
Lou
x

Monique said...

What a refreshing card!! I love the colors..and the image is so cute..makes me want to do a cart wheel..actully on second thought I will just look at your card lol,,,TFS!!

Nancy said...

Such beautiful colors! And the image is so happy!! Thanks for playing in the Flutter By Wednesday challenge with us this week!

Danni said...

How very fun!! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Lorraine A said...

Lovely fun card Lisa :-) I love the image and the zingy colours are fab :-)

Thanks for joining the ABC Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Juls said...

this is so much fun!! Love it! Hugs Juls

Victoria said...

oooh what fab and zesty colours, makes me smile!

Victoria
x

Mina said...

fabulous card Lisa, love this sketch and must head over and have a look...I love this cute upside down stamp from SN and you have coloured her perfectly...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx

Kimberly S said...

Love the bright and happy colors you chose, and the great little butterfly you added to the card! Thanks so much for joining us for Flutter By Wednesday! :)

Patricia St Martin said...

love your card, Lisa.... I just love those color together, they work really well. That ittle girl is so cute.

Anonymous said...

Oh wowzer!! This is just adorable and so sweet!! Love the image and your colors are just amazing!! HUGS

kris said...

Great fun card!! love the cutesy image!! Thanks for playing with us at FBW! hugs!